It’s World Plumbing Day – March 11th
March 11, 2016
Yes indeed, it’s World Plumbing Day. Let’s kick back and be grateful for our plumbing systems.. they’ve come a long way. Here are just a few reasons to be grateful for indoor plumbing:
- Good Hygiene – that used to be a luxury before indoor plumbing with running water, showers. Clean up whenever you can. To those of us who are lucky to have this remember there are still millions around the world who do not.
- Washing Clothes no longer required to be done by hand! Imagine if you had to clean every pieve of clothing by hand? Some peple still do.
- Water Safety – Clean water is readily available to you. You’re not worried about what could be contaminating it as so many used to and some still do.
- No need to collect rain water – speaks for itself!
- Toilet, not outhouse! – again, speaks for itself.
- Use as much water as you need – before indoor plumbing every bucket of water brought in had to be well thought out for its usage.
There are many reasons that we have taken for granted to appreciate indoor plumbing. And to those around the world who do not have this available let’s lend a hand. Consider helping out Water For People, visit their website here: https://www.waterforpeople.org/
You may also want to visit the World Plumbing Day Facebook page for more information to help those without access to water: https://www.facebook.com/WorldPlumbingDay/