Carbon Monoxide Safety
October 30, 2015
Now that the gas central heating systems are been brought back into operation after the summer break, it is a good time to have a reminder about the main danger of running poorly maintained and non safety checked gas appliances.
Do you know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?
If you have a gas appliance installed in your home and you experience the following symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
Difficulty in breathing.
Suspected carbon monoxide escape from gas appliances must always be taken very seriously. Appliances that are suspect must be turned off and not used again until they have been checked by a professional.
Never rely on a cheap visual carbon monoxide monitor. Invest in a modern, mains powered and hard wired audible monitor. Regularly check the operation of the monitor to ensure that it is working correctly.
Jim Lavallee Plumbing
Serving Eastern Massachusetts and the Boston area
Phone: Toll-free (888) 884-4122